another heraldic quandary

Poster: Genie Powell <genie@vt.edu>

To add to this discussion of statant and passant minotaurs...

I went thru this phase of wanting a badge with a spider on it.
When I looked on the armorial online, I found really weird terms for spiders.

So my food for thought is...

How is a statant spider different from a passant spider?
And is there really such a thing as an 8 legged creature being passant-combatant?
Does a spider displayed look like a circle with 8 sticks poking out from it?

Mind you, I am a heraldic neophyte.  That's why my heraldry is geometric shapes.

Comments?

Izzy

L. Isabel d'Avignon
Genie Powell