Is a principality really a bad thing?

Poster: hfeld@ids2.idsonline.com (Harold Feld)

Greetings from Yaakov:

I have noticed that whenever the subject of a northern (or southern, or
central) principality comes up, folks react as if it were a negative thing
and that the only possible outcome is for a section of Atlantia to split
off.

Why? I recognize that the Eastern model is for Principalities to become
Kingdoms (e.g., Atlantia, Aethelmarc, and Drachenwald all started as
Principalities of the East), but this is not necesarily true in the West.
Mists and Cynagua have been Principalities for years with absolutely no
sign of wanting to "go kingdom."

I think creating a principality within Atlantia, with no expectation that
it would ever go kingdom would add fun.  It would add a layer of pagentry
and a chance for folks to shoot for something other than the crown.  The
only down side I can think of is a possible boost in bureaucracy and longer
courts.

Yaakov

Harold Feld, Esq.
Asst. General Counsel A-TCPIP/DNRC