Re: kazoo!

Poster: Henry Best <jstrauss@poboxes.com>

> Brigantia-who is usually quite softly spoke except for her occasional bouts
> of operatic howling

I remember the first time I met this lady. It was at the University
session in Stierbach. She wanted to make an announcement in court,
something about Lyme Disease after someone contracted it at Emerald Joust.
I may be innaccurate on that part; but the point is she had important
information to give out, had the voice of a churchmouse, and was shy to
boot. I would have done the announcement for her; but I knew I would not
be able to address any questions. She was the only one qualified to do it.
We made a special effort to get everyone utterly quiet so she could be
heard. It worked out fine. She got the word out, answered everyone's
questions, and didn't stammer more than once. I thought her pretty brave
to tough it out.

That evening, in the parking lot, she decided to sing something operatic,
Flight of the Valkyries, or some such. Flocks of birds, blocks away, were
taking flight in mad terror. Echos were resounding off the buildings and
back and forth through the parking lot. Paint was peeling off the cars in
the inner blast radius. It was amazing. I didn't really understand that
one human voice could produce that kind of volume.

So never underestimate The Quiet Ones. They may turn out to be proficient
at karate, opera, or be able to order air strikes on their cellphones.

-Henry

       John Strauss             |    Dr. Henry Best, OP
       Lexington, KY            |    Dragonsmark, Midrealm