Re: If I Were Still Chancellor

Poster: "E. T. Smith" <etsmith@compuzone.net>

Henry Best wrote:

> I would buy 500 kazoos with the words "University Atlantia Marching
> Band"
> on them and give them away at UA Convocation.

Dear Henry,    You can make that 499 kazoos. As you have possibly
forgotten, I responded to your request for academic procession music at
the UA Convocation held at UNC (Chapel Hill) with an extemporaneous,
smarmy rendition of  the Pomp and Circumstance section of Sir Edward
Elgar's larger Academic Festival opus. Indeed, kazoo music has a long,
though spotty, history in Atlantia history. I invite those with long
memories to share their kazoo-related vignettes with the denizens of the
Merry Rose.
Tunefully yours,
Thomas
P.S. On a related Uof A topic, you should know that South Carolina (the
Barony of Nottinghill Coill and the Canton of Cyddlain Downs, to be
precise) hosted a UofA session in Irmo, SC during the reign of Good
Queen Judith.