Re: SCA History

Poster: Beth Morris <bmorris@access.digex.net>

Tom Brady wrote:

> Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>
>
> At 01:20 PM 10/23/97 -0400, Aileen wrote:
> >Black Diamond (geographic area of  western VA,  went from Barony
> >to Shire during this time, but regained Baronial status in the early 80's,
> >after Atlantia became a Kingdom)
>
> Hmmm - I'm not sure of this. As far as I know, BD went from shire to barony
> (circa 1985) and stayed there. The only group that lost status in BD
> history is the late Canton of St. Michael's Keep (Roanoke - I think that's
> the right name), which reformed about eight years later at the Canton of
> Azurmont. Any of you pre-Stew folk care to comment on this?

I dunno about pre-Stew, but the BD stuff didn't quite jive with my
recollection either - I was going to buzz Jonathan or some other Black
Diamonder from the BeforeTime and see what their recollection was.  I
seem to recall that from Ish it was a straight line of succession....

Actually, Maelgwn might remember - he was down there more than I in the
early years....