Re: SCA History

Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>

At 01:20 PM 10/23/97 -0400, Aileen wrote:
>Black Diamond (geographic area of  western VA,  went from Barony
>to Shire during this time, but regained Baronial status in the early 80's,
>after Atlantia became a Kingdom)

Hmmm - I'm not sure of this. As far as I know, BD went from shire to barony
(circa 1985) and stayed there. The only group that lost status in BD
history is the late Canton of St. Michael's Keep (Roanoke - I think that's
the right name), which reformed about eight years later at the Canton of
Azurmont. Any of you pre-Stew folk care to comment on this?

-Duncan