Re: scribe win

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <longshipco@hotmail.com>

>...and an AoA is sometimes the only award
>a person will get so it should be personalized and as "way spiff"
>as can be...

Now here, I agree wholeheartedly.  It is a(nother) flaw in my idea (and
a reason I like Ceilyn's idea so much).

Personally I think AoA scrolls should be the spiffiest of the lot.  It
*is* often the only kingdom-level award a person receives.

For example: I've been in the SCA 21 years.  I received my AoA 17 years
ago from Prince Scelannus and Princess Maelen of An Tir.  Until Kingdom
A&S this year, I had never received an award from a King or Queen.  One
of the pitfalls of kingdom-hopping; but there you are.

It was extremely likely that my AoA was the only kingdom-level award I
would ever receive, as I tend to change kingdoms every 3 to 7 years.

An SCA generation is approximately 5 years.  The average person hangs
around for 5 or so years and in that time, the population of most groups
changes dramatically.  It's entirely likely the only kingdom-level award
received will be an AoA, so I support the idea of spiff AoA scrolls.

And I support the idea of permanent scrolls originally and eliminating
hand-painted promissaries.  Spiff permanent scrolls.  :)

Another idea to toss into the discussion would be less-spiff
prommisaries; ones that take less time to put together.

Color xeroxing?  B/w xeroxing?

Maybe a combination of several of these interesting ideas?

     - Anarra