Re: Copyright, was Re: 2 tidbits

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  > Crap, folks.  Does anybody besides me know that the song "Happy Birthday to
  > You" has been copyrighted for some time now, by the descendants of the
  > original author?  Yet no one makes an attempt to secure any compensation for
  > it whenever it is sung.

You might want to call ASCAP and AFSCME (I think that second one is right)
and get their opinion.  Or check their web site... http://www.ascap.com

    What is ASCAP?
	  ASCAP is the American Society of Composers, Authors and
	  Publishers, a membership association of over 68,000
	  composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers.
	  ASCAP's function is to protect the rights of its members by
	  licensing and paying royalties for the public performances of
	  their copyrighted works. (http://www.ascap.com/about/about.html)

	Tibor