Four was Pour

Poster: JebRaitt <JebRaitt@aol.com>

<<Six is what I've always heard called the Pennsic Puddle: first one at
Cooper's Lake, with the Boy Scout Jamboree at More Rain (Moraine) State
Park next door.>>

Donal Mac Ruiseart writes:

PW V could possibly be called the Battle Of The Wilderness or In The
Wilderness, because there were no services at all there . . . the site had not
even been mown, as I recall.  It was somewhere in Ohio, on the banks of a
reservoir.  The water was so murky that you could not see a foot down into it.

PW VI was indeed the first at Cooper's Lake, but it was not a rainy one. . . .
there was a persistent tendency for Pennsics whose numbers were multiples of 4
(VIII, XII, etc.) to be rainy.   XII was one when a lot of tents and canopies
(including mine) blew down . .. I recall sitting under a downed canopy with
several friends passing around a bottle . . .