Re: (long)Re: Principality-My $.02 worth

Poster: Ann & Les Shelton <sheltons@conterra.com>

Milady Branwynn wrote in part

> Without providing relief measures to its people, a kingdom sets up > loyalty problems where there were none before.

SNIP

> possibilities for preventing the sort of stagnation that occurs when
> population becomes too unwieldy for individuals to have a positive
> work-to-fun ratio in their social organization.

Not being from the area in question, I am a "Southerner", I wonder what
it is about the large population that causes stagnation and of exactly
what benefit another "layer" would provide?  The only clear idea that
comes to mind is the ability for more to participate in office and of
course the Principality list.  How would this change your work-to-fun
ratio, unless of course, you consider work fun?

I have travelled on occasion to Storvik and once while there I was
asked, "Would the South be 'okay' if the North became a Principality?"
Actually, I was asked if we could "survive."  In my humble opinion, the
idea has been talked about for a long time and seems to be inevitable.
The South exists now and I can only assume would exist then in perhaps a
different form.  Who knows, maybe even stronger as it would change our
work-to-fun ratio as well.

I am just curious as to the above questions.  Would some of our Northern
brethren please comment?

Anne le Coeur