Re: [EK] Operation Renaissance Persona

Poster: Marybeth Lavrakas <lavrakas@email.unc.edu>

ohh, (expletive deleted).

I was in the midst of a longish response, then thought better of it.  I
know I wish more people did the persona thing, but I'd not be one to say
"hey, you MUST be in persona or be banished from this event!"  But why not
try a bit more to accomodate the "pro-persona" crowd at events?  I admit I
get annoyed when camping, and folks don't move their cars from the
campsites when they've been asked by the folks in charge to do just that,
and one more conversation about how many email messages so-and-so had on
Monday will make me howl.  It would be nice if there were an option when
people send in event reservations if they had the choice of a 'persona
campsite"  (and for me that wouldn't mean everyone would have to be in
spiff pavillions, just that they were willing to go to a little more
effort in maintaining some fun illusion of medievalness), much as people
have the choice of cabins or no cabins (if such are available, of course).
And no, I'm not saying every event should do this, or every autocrat tear
his/her hair out trying to figure it all out...it's just a thought.

Kathryn Rous