Re: Viking footware page / Corrected URL

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

> > At 05:16 AM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
> > >
> > >Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>
> > >
> > >A little independant website on Jorvik shoes.
> >http://www.spoon.demon.co.uk/vikes/index.html WRONG! (MAGNUS)
>
> Hello!  I clicked on your link, but it couldn't find the site.  But aside
> >from that, how do you get links to sites into e-mail?  I'd love to do that,
> but haven't a clue.  Thanks,  ---Eadwyn

Usuallly you just type in the complete site location URL
(uniform site Locator) with the http:// in front of it.
(Apparently I messed up and put an l on the html and it
screwed up the site.) It works at the recipients end.
Or look and check it in your outbox.

A safe way is to mail it to yourself first, check it,
hit the reply button, delete the addresses and
extraneous mess out of it, and readdress it. But
with large messages this can be a pain.

Try this one: http://www.spoon.demon.co.uk/vikes/index.htm

Some sites use htm, some html, often it doesn't matter that there
is a difference. Apparently with this one does. Eventually the l may
just quit being used entirely. It stands for hypertext markup language.

Thanks for pointing out my error. Getting OLD and blind. I really look
at those things but sometimes I miss the obvious. Most sites use html.
Force of habit I guess. My apologies.

Magnus