Re: Event Cancelled

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Karen Louise Flessas wrote:

> Good People-
>
> Please spread the word - Storvik's event - Straight to the Heart, originaly
> scheduled for Feb 14th, has been cancelled
> due to loss of the site.
>
> Johanna

Just out of curiosity, since people seem to be reacting
with surprise to this announcement, didn't anyone get
the announcement of this that I posted when it happened?!?
Perhaps it's just the fact that it was a couple of weeks ago...
Or do people just not pay attention to things on the
list?

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Listkeeper, Merry Rose
Autocrat, Straight to the Heart (now cancelled)
---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org
             |\                       Arlington, VA
             |/      Per chevron argent and azure, a wolf passant
             |     sable between three compass roses counterchanged.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville -- mighty Casey has struck out.

			From "Casey at the Bat"
			By Ernest Lawrence Thayer (1863-1940)