Virus/humor messages

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

Please people,

The Merry Rose is *NOT* an appropriate place to send any
virus messages and most humor messages (humor ones that have
at least something to do with the SCA, Atlantia, period
things, etc... are given a bit more leeway).  This list
goes to over 300 people who use it for information about
Atlantia, not the latest virus message.  There are other
lists for that.  If you want to find them, the recently
posted "gullibility virus" message lists them.  Unfortunately,
the person who posted that message forgot to look and
realize that the exact same message was posted by Lady
Elenore almost two weeks ago.  Therefore, it would have
been much more appropriate for them to send it directly
to the person who sent the original virus messages.
I have resisted adding controls and filters to this
list for a long time now.  I would hate to have an
epidemic of off topic posts make me change my mind now.

So, do we have it straight?  NO VIRUS MESSAGES TO THE
LIST!  No matter how "timely" or "important" you think
they are.  They are not. Period.  If you disagree, I
will be happy to unsubscribe you from the list. And
please limit humor messages to those that at least
have a passing reference to what this list is about.
Thank you.

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Listkeeper, Merry rose
---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org
             |\                       Arlington, VA
             |/      Per chevron argent and azure, a wolf passant
             |     sable between three compass roses counterchanged.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville -- mighty Casey has struck out.

			From "Casey at the Bat"
			By Ernest Lawrence Thayer (1863-1940)