Re: Book preservation

Poster: Heather Swann <heather@pop.net>

I always use multiple bookmarks.  As a scribe, I often have to bookmark
many pages in several books to put together one scroll, and I always use
bookmarks.  I don't mistreat paperbacks just because they are
paperbacks.  Some of my favourite books are paperbacks, and I don't want
to destroy them.  To dogear a book means the corner will soon become
weak and tear away.  Whatever the type of book I always treat it well,
because it represents a part of a forest that is now gone.  I have
respect for the trees, thus I have respect for the books.  No book is
ever 'cheap'- a tree gave its life so that book could be made.  If I do
not care for what is written in the book, I will give it away to someone
who will appreciate it, or Goodwill, or a half-price bookstore.

Miri