Re: Conan the Librarian

Poster: Marybeth Lavrakas <lavrakas@email.unc.edu>

Hey, Efen's post made me think of something Very Important!  As someone
who still works in publishing (send me no manuscripts!  I work in
marketing!), I plead, please, please be CAREFUL with books you look at in
bookstores!  A lot of those damaged books Efen mentioned thorwing out
(EEEEK!) were damaged by customers who then didn't bother to actually BUY
the book...I always get a little headachey when I see people sitting in
Borders or wherever, just reading away...and that book with the cracked
spine, mussed pages, or beat up dust jacket may well end up getting sent
back to the publisher.  And even the Big Publishers are taking a hit on
returns--us little 'uns can be really hit hard.  So please, remember to
care for books even before you buy them!

Kathryn Rous