Re: quotation and source

Poster: "Rowanwald Central" <rownwald@gte.net>

I re-read my copy of the Apology (in english - yes, I'm igggnorant) and
couldn't find the quote, but I agree that it should be Socrate's
words...just can't find the text.

Rosine
who only reads german and spanish

| Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>
|
| There are quite a few early quotes, but I believe the one you are
thinking of is from Socrates' Apology, ostensibly the text of the speech he
gave in his defence when he was accused of corrupting the youth of Athens.
(It did not work.  He was found guilty and condemned to judicial suicide.)

| I would quote it for you, but I only have the Greek text to hand and do
not wish to try the patience of the group's parsers. . .