RE: quotation and source

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

There are quite a few early quotes, but I believe the one you are thinking of is from Socrates' Apology, ostensibly the text of the speech he gave in his defence when he was accused of corrupting the youth of Athens.  (It did not work.  He was found guilty and condemned to judicial suicide.)

I would quote it for you, but I only have the Greek text to hand and do not wish to try the patience of the group's parsers. . .

Alisoun the Erstwhile Classicist