RE: be a scottish laird!!

Poster: "C.J. Schaffer" <cjschaff@ix.netcom.com>

>Is it LEGAL?
>
>These Titles and have been checked by Lawyers and Trading Standards. They
>last all your life and beyond. You can even change your Driver's license as
we
>have been granted acceptance for our Title change by 'DVLA', even the
>Passport Office has accepted our Titles allowing you to change your
Passport.

Perhaps someone at the State Department did let this get through.  However
it is illegal (actually unconstitutional) for any citizen of the United
States to accept a title of nobility from a foreign country.  That is why
Americans (especially ex-Presidents) who get inducted into orders in Britain
are not "knighted," but made "Commanders" or some-such of the order.  It is
somewhat akin to choosing to be a MSCA instead of a KSCA.

Of course that begs the question if our accepting of noble titles from the
Kingdom of Atlantia is illegal...

Nils