Anglo-Saxon Period help, please

Poster: AEdric the Grene <AEdric@mindspring.com>

I would beg for assistance on creating a late-Anglo-Saxon period (900s
to 1066) persona.  Got the name, got the heraldry (well, at least a
reasonable thing an Anglo-Saxon would have if he had heraldry), now
needing to figure out where to go next.  That is, I would like
assistance in sources for clothing including accessories, events of the
times, and all such things.  Book references for novice to the period
would be especially helpful.  Or, someone who knows the period and has
some time to spare would always be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

--
AEdric the Grene

Anglo-Saxon, KnowItAll wannabe, Cider drinker
Arms: Per Pale, sable and vert (or is it vert and sable...)
Legs: 3'6" (or so)