good reference books

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

I've won some gift certificates for Barnes & Nobles from work
and I wanted to get some good name books.  I'm thinking more
generally.  My problem is when I see a name in my backlog
list I would like a source for confirming that the name is Spanish
not Italian, etc.
(and what period most commonly used if possible but I doubt it)
 I'm trying to avoid a book of names for each country if possible.

My preference is a good book or set of books that covers several
nationalities.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rebecca

Earth First.  We'll strip mine the rest of the planets later!