Parking Problems

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <longshipco@hotmail.com>

Regarding parking:

It has always been forbidden to park on the road up to the top field at
Emerald Joust when it's at Brady Saunders.  Always.

The year I autocratted, 1996, I had BIG signs at Troll and notice in the
event hand-out that parking was FORBIDDEN on that road.

I put big sticks on the road so people couldn't park on the edge.  I had
people put their names in the windows of their cars so I knew whose car
was parked where.  I had heralds announce that parking was forbidden
there.

People moved the sticks and threw them in the bushes.  I couldn't find
the people who owned the cars, even if they'd bothered to put their
names where we had requested them to.  Only a few of them responded to
heralded shouts.

If I had autocratted that event again, I would set sticks in cement in
coffee cans and put bright orange signs up that say "NO PARKING" and put
them all along the road.  Hopefully that would work.

If it didn't work, I'd try to stop the fighting until the cars moved.
(Most of the cars belonged to fighters.)

If THAT didn't work, I'd call a tow company.

There's just no excuse for our breaking site rules.

Regards!

P.S.  I've heard that Emerald Joust WILL be happening over Memorial Day
weekend.  I've heard it won't be at Brady Saunders.  Anyone from Caer
Mear who can verify this?  Terafan??  Bryce??

Terry L. Neill                          Anarra Karlsdottir
The Longship Company, Ltd.              Bright Hills, Atlantia
www.wam.umd.edu/~eowyn/Longship/        Østvik Vikings

            It Takes a Viking to Raze a Village

longshipco@hotmail.com