Heraldic mayhem: 1 April AS-32

Poster: david.a.montuori@adn.alcatel.com (Dave Montuori)

from the Officious Yellowfin Tuna, Collision of Heralds of Atlantia

	0.9999999999... April 1998 CE (AS xxxii)

Unto Jaelle of Armida, Silver Slug Queen of No Arms; Sionyn Muirgen ni
Domnaill, Seabird Queen of Beaks; the SCA College of Assorted Appendages,
and all others who have the bad fortune to stumble over these presents:
greetings from Evan da Collaureo, Yellowfin Tuna of Atlantia.

Spring has sprung, and after such a wet winter it is no surprise to find an
abundance of fungus amungus. The cream (scum?) of the crop is presented here
for your dubious delectation. I was assisted in the preparation of this LoI
by various unindicted co-conspirators.

All submitters will take corrections unless otherwise noted. It is the intent
of the Atlantian Collision of Heralds to cash-register the following names
and armory:

1. April Mallarky. New name.
	April is a a variant of A(b/v)ril found in [Dauzat, p.18] as a name
for a child born in April. [MacLysaght, p.206] lists Mallarky as a variant
derivation of {O'} Maoilearca "devotee of St. Earc".

2. Crystal Light. New name.
	[Black, p.151] s.n. Chrystal, dates Cristall Knowis to 1549. [Reaney
3, p.279] lists Light as a header spelling.
	The (female) submitter knows these are relatively unlikely variant
spellings, and that the name is masculine, but does not care. (She's a fairly
sweet person, if a bit artificial.)

3. Nacho Quexada. New name and device. Azure, a bezant wavy semy of billets
vert and torteaux between three triangles erminois.
	[de Love, p.34] cites Nacho as a hypocoristic of Ignacio. [Diez
Melcon, p.266] dates Quexada to 1280.

4. Spiaggia Levantina, Canton of -- Empire of the Spaghetti Levitators. New
alternate persona name and badge. [fieldless] In pale a Gordian knot
conjoined by two strands to a bowl Or.
	Group name registered Oct 95.
	I'm not sure exactly how they intend to justify the name construction
here, but they did promise that if I send this up they'd take away this
menacing clump of pasta that's been hovering over my head.