Feast of the Thirty

Poster: TerriMorris@kemet.com (Terri Morris)

Feast of the Thirty
Presented by the Canton of Falcon Cree
May 15 - 17, 1998

      At the time of the hundred years war, a tourney was held to save
the slaughter of brave combatants upon the field. In honor of this, we
hold the Feast of the Thirty in celebration of the victories won that
day.  Join the canton of Falcon Cree at Camp York in Kings Mountain State Park for a weekend of fun, camaraderie and did I mention food.

Heavy Weapons:  A Pas d Arms tourney will be held for the pleasure of
all. Each combatant must display there Arms and have a personal Herald
escort them to the list field and boast of their accomplishments (Prize
for best boast.)

Duello:  Triple Elimination tourney will be held.  Each time you are
defeated you change weapon styles.

Archery:  A special novelty shoot will be held.

A & S:  There will be two divisions. An open division and items dealing
with weddings or courtship regalia.

Bardic: The best story of a proposal of marriage.  This can either be
rejected or accepted.

Feast:  Our feast is becoming known as one of the best in Atlantia.
Aaron Forrester of Guild Gray has graciously consented to cook for us
yet again. If you wish to show someone what a great SCA feast is like, then this is the event to bring them to. Word to the Wise:  This feast
sells out every year, so register early.

Please make sure all armor is in good repair as modern day scribes (the
press) will be at this event.

If all this was not enough, our own Baron and Baroness of Nottinghill Coill are to be married as personas.  Join us for this rare and festive occasion.

Costs:    On-site / On board  $15.00
          Off-site / On board  $13.00
          On site / Off board   $7.00
          Daytrip      $5.00
 Children under twelve are Half price and babes in arms are free.  We are going all out to make this a wonderful event, so site tokens and
security will be strictly enforced. NO phone or E-mail reservations will
be accepted. The only reservation is a Paid reservation. Send check or money order payable to Canton of Falcon Cree, SCA Inc.

Site opens at 5:00 pm Friday, May 15th and closes at noon Sunday, May 17th.
Cabin space is available.  Pets are allowed on leashes.

Autocrat:  Lord Bastian de La Salle ( Brian Williamson )  118 Spruce Ave.
Greer, SC 29651.  E-Mail: DUEListt@aol.com  Phone: 864-801-9145

Directions:

Take exit 2 on I-85 just north of the SC / NC border.  Go south 216 thru the
National Military Park.  Follow signs to group camps and Camp York.