Re: A response to Their Maj. Letter in the Acorn

Poster: einar@cvn.net (einar)

Elen Prydydd adds her two cents' worth:

Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com> wrote:

>My take on it was quite different.  I saw, "I'm sorry that we could not
>both be at court.  We had another obligation and so we had to split our
>forces in order to meet them both.  We will try not to do this, but if it
>becomes necessary we will do our best to see that everyone's needs are
>met."  I think this kind of apology and explanation is both courteous and
>proper.

I agree, and I will also add this:  Michael and Seonaid won my respect with
that letter.  I am firmly of the opinion that any parent who does not put
their children first does not deserve to have them.  For M&S to have
written that letter in the first place shows me that they have their
parental heads screwed on straight.  In fact, if they were not responsible
parents, I would be unable to consider them capable of being responsible
monarchs:  if you can't be true and faithful to an innocent, trusting
child, you can't be true and faithful to anyone.

Lest anyone forget, parenting is THE most important job in this world.
Everything else comes in second.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Elen Prydydd

flaming heretic and admirer of good parents everywhere