Re: Canvas

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Bambi wrote:

> About the yurt part..Baron Corun..did you make yours?

I made the wooden bits, but I jobbed the canvas out to a professional tent
and sail maker in Baltimore. Regrettably they're no longer in business.

On the flip side, and not to get anyone's hopes up, I've been investigating
a business relationship with a tent maker to supply me with ready made
yurt coverings so I can go into business building yurts. The canvas is the
only part I don't have the facilities for making (that requiring a lofting
floor of sufficient size).

With all the email I've been getting recently from folks wanting yurts,
I've realized there is a market out there for them, and perhaps I can
supply to that market. It all depends on what kind of deals I can get on
the canvas. So keep watching the skies.

In service,
Corun (this has not quite been a commercial announcement)