Stierbach Picnics

Poster: Denise McMahon <denise@access.digex.net>

(My apologies if you receive this more than once.)

Stierbach’s first Picnic of the season is on April 26th!

Circle your calendars and get that armor ready!

They are still at Briar Patch Park in lovely downtown Sterling, VA. There
is an picnic shelter and grill, however, you are encouraged to bring your
own grills or hibachi's (trust me on this!) and definitely a picnic basket!

There is a playground for children that was just renovated last Spring- lots
of slides and swings! And *plenty* of room to run around on!

We will have fighting and A&S and fighting and dancing and fighting and
archery (with a special emphasis on the Baron's favorite- Combat Archery) and
fighting and sewing and fighting and dancing and Rapier... well, you get my
drift. Oh yes!- and our own brand of Croquet, led by Baroness Kristin. Period
music will keep the afternoon lively while we cheer on our fighters or
distract ourselves with lighter endeavors! Stierbach will provide the lemonade
and a cooler of water to refresh ourselves with- please note that the
Chirurgeon General has warned you about the possible enhancement of your
fertility should you freely imbibe Stierbach water. Those wishing to avoid
these consequences should bring along their own.

If it rains, the picnic shelter is perfectly wonderful for gathering under and
either dancing or doing various A&S things. *If* it rains, I would definitely pack
sandwiches or a thermos of something warm!

Bring your banners and come and be Medieval on a Sunday afternoon from 1pm to
dark! There is plenty of parking too.

Garb is encouraged- but don’t worry about if you’re just starting out and don’t
have anything yet- show up, be comfortable and perhaps we can find you something!

Directions to Briar Patch Park
(It’s on the corner of Sterling Blvd. and E. Frederick Ave.)

>From Manassas and I-66: Take Route 28 North. Turn right at the third light
after Dulles Airport. This road is Route 846, Sterling Blvd. Once on it, go
through four lights, turn right at the fifth (Frederick). Immediately turn left
into the parking lot for the park.

>From Leesburg: Take Route 7 East to the fifth light after Route 28. This is
the other end of Sterling Blvd. Turn right onto it, then left at the first light
onto Frederick and left into the parking lot.

>From the Beltway: Take exit 10-B (Route 7) or avoid Tysons by taking the
Dulles Toll Road exit (Route 267), paying $0.50, and getting off at Route 7.
Go west on 7 about 10 miles: past Route 193, past Rt 228, and back up the hill
to the 2nd light- Sterling Blvd. Turn left onto it, then left at the first
light onto Frederick and immediately left into the parking lot.

Anyone with any questions feel free to email me at denise@access.digex.net.

Thanks!

-Rowan Berran
Baroness of Stierbach