Unofficial Event Announcement: Road to the Aisles

Poster: "Scott Silvers" <beckett@rockbridge.net>

Road to the Aisles
May 9, 1998

The Incipient College of Marshals’ Keep invites one and all to join us
in celebrating the handfasting of Lady Angharad MacIvar of Stirling and
Lord James Beckett of Westmorland.  The site is the National Guard
Armory in Lexington, VA; the same site as this year’s Ice Castles.
 During the day, there will be a Consort’s Choice Heavy Weapons
Tourney.  For those of you unfamiliar with the format, weapons styles
fought will be chosen by the fighters’ consorts .  Should you not have a
consort to bring with you, there will be many to choose from in the
crowd.  There are also plans for a small rapier tourney.  As this is not
an official event, authorizations will not be held.  Prizes will be
awarded to the winners of the tournaments, as well as to the most
chivalrous fighters.
 An Arts and Sciences display will be held during the day.  The theme
for the display is Period Wedding Items.
 An auction will be held to benefit the I. College of Marshals’ Keep;
any and all items are welcome.  You can also offer up services such as
making a meal, cleaning some armor, or a back rub.  Auctioning of
persons is also accepted as we will be holding a bachelor/bachelorette
auction.
 At the end of the day there will be a marvelous wedding feast prepared
by Arabella Grishild the Grey.  Please direct all questions regarding
feast to her at (540) 462-4693.  As always, the feast will be followed
by dancing, dancing and yet more dancing until everyone falls over or
the site closes at midnight, whichever comes first.
 Site fee is $5.  The site is wet, but all containers must be properly
disposed of.  Again, the site does have showers for the weary fighters
to use after the tourney.  Merchants are welcome.  Please direct any
questions to the autocrat, Adrianna de Bretagne
(Andrea Ewing) at  (540) 462-4559 or e-mail at aewing@wlu.edu
 Directions: Take   I-81 to exit 191 (I-64 W)  Take 64 W to exit 55,
about ½ mile.  Turn left at the top of the ramp onto 11 South.  Turn
right at the first light.  Turn left just past Rockbridge County HS.
The Armory is at the end of the road.