Many questions

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Unto the crafty folk gathered at the Rose does Corun bid greetings.

Of late I have been looking into couched embroidery of metallic threads.
These threads are sometimes referred to as bullion. Now to the mundane half
of my personality bullion is usually an ingot of noble metal, not a thread.
Also, in some references a gold or silver thread that is not bullion is
said to have threads of silk as a core. I am wondering what the modern
equivalents of these are and where one can easily acquire them.

In service,
Corun