Re: Marshal's announcement for the June Acorn

Poster: Acresouth <Acresouth@aol.com>

In a message dated 98-04-30 20:21:11 EDT, jsussman@pop.erols.com writes:

<< I would like comments on the following question, How long should we
 allow someone to use their previous authorization card after they move
 into Atlantia from another kingdom? >>

Having moved here from the East with an authorization card that had just been
renewed it was quite unsettling to learn that I had to requalify in all my
weapons forms to get an Atlantian authorization card.  I found that neither
the rules or qualifying bouts were "significantly" different from those of the
East.

I understand that there are differences from Kingdom to Kingdom but it seems
to me that to reauthorize totally is not the way to go.  Perhaps attending a
class or passing a take home test on the Atlantian rules of the list and/or
armor standards would be better.  So, in conclusion, I feel that the card from
another Kingdom should be good enough to get an Atlantian card (+ attendance
at class...) and should be valid for as long as the card is valid.

Adriana
(Vera Messina, Shire of Roxbury Mill)