Re: University vs War Practice

Poster: Yakgodess <Yakgodess@aol.com>

In a message dated 98-05-12 12:35:29 EDT, kevin@maxson.com writes:

<< The University of Atlantia will be having fighting classes like "Fitness
 for Fighters".  Not only that, but there will be a "Sword and Shield
 101" taught by Earl Dafydd ap Gwystl as well as "Melee Tactics" taught
 by Count Thorbrandr Olafsson.  And in the same day, you can also learn
 metal casting (two different ways!), how to autocrat, period
 history/garb, heraldry, needlework, weaving, cooking and law!

.....Ahhhh but the thing is that WAR PRACTICE is just that WAR PRACTICE----
Designed to gather our army and prepare to win the Pennsic War.  This is an
excellent chance for our fighters to learn how to work together; but also for
our Warlord and His Majesty to see where our strengths and weaknesses are.
So, although there may be fighting classes at University can you fighters
honestly say you prepared yourselves for Pennsic?  Will you have the skill and
endurance.... I invite you to Kingdom War Practice to find out!

Lady Adrianna Broussard