Re: Befuddled

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Rowne wrote on Saturday:

> If this reaches the ears of the good patrons of the Merry Rose, please
> (someone, anyone) e-mail me privately....I have made a post with an inquiry
> but have not seen it or heard back and now it is too late for the answer to
> do me any good now.  Also, can anyone tell me which gods I have offended and
> how?

You haven't offended any gods at all. What appears to have happened, in
deference to Kendrick's post regarding being unsubscribed, is that the
Merry Rose was not sending anything out at all for several days. In fact,
in checking mail dates, this missive didn't hit my email box until today
with a time stamp of Saturday, 6 Jun 1998 21:35:11 EDT. Yesterday I sent
in a 'who' request to the Rose's majordomo as a test to see if I was still
subscribed, having not seen anything from the Rose for several days. The
Rose usually responds fairly quickly, but the reply to my request didn't
show up until 04:29:44 this morning. I know it's not my own ISP, since mail
from other sites (some of them from overseas) is coming in regularly and
in a timely fashion. Therefore, deductive logic implies that the problem
is on the other end where the Rose is housed, since the only mail I receive
having any delay is from the Rose. Your original post, which I didn't see
until this morning either, had a time stamp of Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:44:02 EDT.

So don't worry, it's not you, it's just Murphy playing havoc with the
systems again. Or is it Murphy playing with Havoc, Hrodberth's mastiff
puppy, in the system? Cry Havoc, and let drool the dogs of war. Eewwwww.

In service,
Corun