Mystical Platonic Solids

Poster: Alea Henle <ahenle@yahoo.com>

I'm looking for information on who, when, how, etc. the platonic
solids (cube, octahedron, tetrahedron, dodecahedron and icosahedron)
became associated with the elements.  Since there are four elements
and five solids, the dodecahedron is apparently associated with
"universe" or "spirit" but I don't know which the others are connected
with; where it originated or when.  My "source" believes they became
connected in some mystical tradition, perhaps the Qabbala (sp?) but
knows very little more.

Can anyone help?

Alea d'Aquila