Re: Problems??

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Corun MacAnndra wrote:

> Kendrick wrote:
> >
> >That's interesting, Corun, because in my experience it's been about
> >50/50 both ways.  But, as you say, "we've been down this road before"
> >and I personally don't think it's a good thing to rock the boat
> >right now.
>
> Since when is the sharing of information and experience and the expression
> of personal opinion "rocking the boat"? Or is there something going on with
> the mailing list that my opinion might affect?

When I said "rock the boat" I didn't mean "the sharing of information and
experience and the expression of personal opinion."  I meant that I didn't
think it would be a good idea to change the configuration of the list
right now.  I meant no slight to Corun, and I apologize if any was taken.
I was just remembering the big debate that occurred when we originally
switched it to reply to list, and the circumstances that led us to change
it back to reply to sender and add the "Poster" line at the top.  My
intent was to say that I didn't want to repeat that.

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Listkeeper, Merry Rose
---