Re: words & more words

Poster: SCOTSWMMN@aol.com

(snip from Nils)

<< While we are talking about word origins, i would like to point out that
 the period term for one who cooks a feast is: A cook. Not only is
 "feastacrat" not a period word, it is not even a word, period >>

.. and then there's my favorite: "docko" instead of "documentation".  It's a
singularly strong  pet peeve of mine....... I wince every time I hear the term
(must be those incredibly rigorous English teachers I had back in high
school...<G>).

Margaret Cameron