Kingdom A&S Camping and Hotel Information

Poster: "Atlow, Neal J" <nja10331@glaxowellcome.com>

Greetings unto the populace of the Kingdom of Atlantia!

	I have started getting inquiries regarding places to camp and hotels
locations. Please share this information with the non-list abled.

Hotels:
	I have arranged with the Red Roof Inn a block of 15 rooms. The cost
for a room with two adults and two double beds is $64.99 plus tax; a room
with two adults and one king size bed is $60.99 plus tax; a room with one
adult and two double beds is $59.99 plus tax; a room with one adult and one
king size bed is $55.99 plus tax. Children under 18 stay for free.
	To reserve a room, please call 1-800-843-7663, tell them you are
with the SCA and want a room in block number B201000441. The will hold this
block open until June 29th without charge. After the 29th, they cannot hold
the block without charge. If you call for a reservation after the 29th, the
price will be the same, but the availability of rooms will not be
guaranteed.
	The hotel is at I-40 and 15-501 (exit 270 off I-40), which is one
exit from the event site directions published in the Acorn. It is
approximately 15 to 20 minutes from the event site.

Camping:
	For those who wish to camp, the best option is Jordan Lake, (919)
362-0586. This is a state (county?) park. They have three different
campgrounds around the lake, and they are about 25 to 35 minutes from the
site. They do not accept reservations for stays of less then 7 days, however
they have over 1000 camp sites and claim to have never been completely
booked.
	Campsites cost $12 per night for sites without electricity and $17
per night for sites with electricity. All three campgrounds include showers
(hot and cold running water), swimming beaches, playgrounds, boat launches,
and trails. All campsites within the grounds include a table, grill, and
fire pit.
	The only difference between the sites I am told is that Parkers
Creek does not have waterfront campsites with electricity.
	To the Jordan Lake campsites, take I-40 to exit 276 (Hwy 751).
Follow Hwy 751 South (there are brown directional signs that say Jordan
Lake) for 10 to 12 miles until the stop light at Hwy 64. Make a right onto
Hwy 64 and follow it to the light in Wilsonville (you will see brown Jordan
Lake signs). From that light, to get to Crosswinds campground, make a right
and go about one half mile. From that light to get to Poplar Pointe, make a
left and go about 3/4 of a mile. From that light to get to Parker's Creek,
go through the light, cross over the bridge, and make the next right (there
is a turn lane).

	If I can be of further assistance with the Hotel or Camping
information, please do not hesitate to email or call. Also, please call if I
can be of assistance in finding you crash space.

In service,

Nikulai Ivanovich
919-484-8860
atlown@pagesz.net