Re: Of Kings and Queens and other such things [quite long]

Poster: Bob Minowicz <minowicz@nc.na.auspex.com>

In some personal replies I have seen so far, I have been asked to flesh
out the scoring system a bit so that a better idea of what I have in
mind might be had.  I intended to be vague there so that others might
fill in the detail, but I see now that it might be nice of me to get the
ball rolling.

Here are some example event ideas that could work with the system:

Event X has 600 possible war points.  The theme of the event is a port
of trade under siege by vikings.  The event will consist of 2 mixed
combat scenarios (simulating the siege of the city), one grand melee
(after the walls are breached), and an A&S competition with 3 different
categories (representing the trade and commerce of the city).  It is
determined "before the war season starts" that:

The mixed combat scenarios will require factions to form 2 teams.  The
teams can be composed however they wish, but members of a given faction
must all be on the same team. For each scenario the winning team  will
split 100 points evenly among the factions represented in the team.

For the grand melee, the factions break up, all fighting each other.
(It seems our vikings are fighting over the spoils of war, when they are
pounced on by a reserve force of the port's guard.)  For the last
faction to have members standing 100 points.

In the A&S competition each of the three categories have 75 points. 35
go to 1st, 25 to 2nd, and 15 to 3rd in each category.  An additional 75
points goes to 'best of show.'

At another event, the theme is spies, assassins and intrigue.  In this
event there are only 300 points to win.  Each faction that shows up can
win a even share of the points if they can manage to assassinate the
'leader' of a faction during the course of the days other events (which
might include a feast, some period games, and some things centered
around the theme, or whatever.)

These are just examples.  There are many ways to do it.  And I think
each event should be different and should get different amounts of
points to split up depending on the types of things at the event.

Also, not every event would have to be a part of the war, and just
because someone wins something and gets 'war points' does not mean they
have to be a part of a faction, or that they must use the points at
all.  They can in effect, take those points out of play.

--
Stanislaw Mynyowycz
Canton of Elvegast, Barony of Windmasters' Hill, Kingdom of Atlantia