Re: FYI on photography

Poster: Mark de Saint Sauveur le Vicomte <marks@verinet.com>

I do a lot of travel, and a fair amount of photography.  It is not uncommon
for one of my trips to take me through a dozen airports in half a dozen
different countries.  A technique that I use
which seems to work well is this:

I place all film in a plastic ziplock baggie (transparent) none of it in the
little black cases that kodak provides.  This makes it very easy to see
exactly what it is.

I drop it in the little basket for keys and such at the airport security
stations.

I also tend to put all of my keys, change etc in my briefcase, so usually
the film is the only thing that the security guard has to look at.

There is rarely a comment, and the film is not X-rayed at all.  Once in a
while, the guard will insist on x-raying the film in the little machine for
carry-ons, but these are not nearly as strong as the machine mentioned below.

In service to the Dream, I am Lord Mark