Modified Directions to Assessment Battles

Poster: "Genie Powell" <genie@vt.edu>

A public service announcement unto the fine denizens of Cheapside from
Baroness Isabel d'Avignon...

If you're planning on coming to Assessment this weekend and you're not
living in North Carolina or Blacksburg, you may have some problems trying to
get to beautiful Big Island, Virginia given the directions with the event
announcement.

In my experience Bedford county is the Bermuda Triangle of Virginia.  It's a
gorgeous part of the state but few roads lead into it and even fewer out of
it (figure that one out <g>).

If you are coming from the North (i.e. Maryland, D.C. or Lexington):

Take I-81 South until you get to exit 188 (30-45 minutes south of the 64
EAST junction and about 5 minutes south of the 64 WEST junction)
Take exit 188 towards Beuna Vista (Route 60)
Travel on this road for about 7-8 miles until you get to 501 South
Take 501 South towards Lynchburg for about 20 miles
Take a right onto Route 122 and travel about 5 miles.
Sedalia School Road will be on your right.  And the red and white store will
be right after the turn.

CAUTION:  501 is a winding road.  If you are driving this road at night and
are not a Bedford Co. native do not attempt to drive it like it's the
beltway.  We want you to make it to Assessment in one piece.

If you're coming from Marinus or Caer Mear, it's your call.  If you like
straight fast roads, 81 is your best bet.  If you like the scenic, direct
way, try 29 South.

I can't promise that these directions will be 100% faster, but they are a
bit easier for some.  If you are coming from the south, just use the
directions in the Acorn...

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

I remain,
Isabel
Baroness <>