From: David KUIJT [mailto:kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 20, 1998 7:45 AM
To: agnes daunce
Cc: atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Re: organ transplants

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, agnes daunce wrote:

> John Evans indicated, to his knowledge, transplants started around 150
> years ago.  However, he does recall a period painting showing black
> man's leg being transplanted onto  a white man.

That's a famous painting of Sts Cosmas and Damian, I believe.  I have a
book with a copy of that painting.  It is a very important painting, as it
shows a beautiful 15th century Italian platform bed surrounded by chests.
Also, both Sts in the picture are wearing very nice hats.

Dafydd, keeping his priorities straight.