Re: camping overkill ;->

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, einar wrote:

> >For next Pennsic I'm planning a really fancy camp.  The new Megalino will
> >be covered with decorative arches; it will have a fancy lining printed
> >with goutes, a baldequin for moi to sit under, eight or more tables,
> >carpets, the 9' painted hanging 5' high (already done, I just didn't send
> >it to Pennsic), a hanging chandelier (16-sconce, I think), perhaps a
> >couple of floor-mounted candelabra, plus the usual (carpets, benches).
> >Maybe an aumbrey as well; perhaps a flip-back gothic bench.
> >
> >Plus, of course, the covered walkways from one pavilion to the next.
>
> Dafydd!!!  That's not an encampment, that's a portable manor house!!  And I
> thought Einarr and I were going soft when we had the camp bed last year.
> ;->  Sheesh!!

No, no, not at all.  I didn't even MENTION the portable manor house
project!  That is an entirely different issue.  That project has been
stalled because we need a trailer to carry it and a vehicle that can tow
the trailer (and, incidently, a place to store the trailer between events)
before I start building the three-room, two-level takedown merchant house
(which is the Proof Of Concept design for the larger takedown Manor House,
a Wealden design of the 15th century based upon Bayleaf in the Weald and
Downland Open-air Museum).

Dafydd