War Archers in Combat

Poster: vtaltos@earthlink.net

This year at the war: as taken from the Pennsic handbook which I happen to have
sitting before me....
    "Combat archery will be allowed following East or Middle Kingdom standards,
with no gleaning of arrows allowed"... and this, only for the Saturday field
battle.

    No other War Point combat archery will be permitted.  As I understand, the
East/Middle Rules involve Heavy Archers, meaning you wear heavy weapons and
will get hit.  Unfortunately, the Rule here in Aethelmearc also required
Archers to be heavy armored.  And, it appears that until the ranks of Archers
swell with those desiring strongly for the Light Archer type rules, and those
swelled ranks can convince the Marshallate that such will be in the best
interest of "Fighting in general".. these will ever be the conventions for
combat in the War...
    Ooops.. I shall have get off the soapbox now.. methinks I see a certain
combat Archer (my dear, headstrong Lady-Wife) looking rather possessively at
it.  Yikes.  Anyway, that is the current rule regarding the Archery conventions
in effect "this" year....
    ..Malcolm..