period fencing jackets

Poster: EoganOg@aol.com

Does anyone out there have patterns for or know where I could find patterns
for period fencing jackets?  I don't mean a pattern for a period doublet that
is reenforced for SCA rapier combat.  I am talking about a protective jacket
that would have been worn as protction during fencing practices or mock
combat.  I have seen illustrations of men wearing protective clothing
practicing their swordplay, but none detailed enough that I could get a good
pattern.  Any thoughts on this?
Aye,
Eogan