Re: Lord of the Rings Casting Call (WAS Re: Glorious...)

Poster: "Jason & Shannon Smith" <srgiles@erols.com>

David Kuijt Wrote:

>> Here's a thought -- Patrick Stewart.  He could take any of the four
>> "Powerful Old Men" roles (Gandalf, Denethor, Theoden, Saruman).  He'd
make
>> a wonderful Denethor -- I've seen him play King Lear, and you need to be
>> able to transmit that sort of madness and despair.

I must agree.  There is no better. Patrick Stewart has been a favourite
since first seeing him play King Lear when he was with RST.   If you cannot
get a copy of that, check out his version of the most recent incarnation of
Moby Dick.  Absolutely stunning.  Again, there is no finer actor.

Andrew Grey, who is a HUGE Patrick Stewart fan
...anthony who?? ;^)