Stierbach Birthday Bullfights Event Flyer

Poster: NiaW12@aol.com

Time for a brief commerical announcement....

Stierbach (mundanely Northern Virginia) is celebrating its first birthday as a
Barony.  Feel free to contact me off list if you have any questions.

Conna M'Kennae
Autocrat

-----
The Stierbach Birthday Bull Fights
September 25, 26 and 27

The Barony of Stierbach is pleased to invite one and all to their annual
birthday tournament, held once again at Log Cabin Campgrounds near Winchester,
VA. The -site opens Friday at 3pm and closes on Sunday at 2pm. Come revel in
the woods with us and enjoy the music, dancing, fighting and feasting that
every Birthday should have! We will have heavy weapons tourneys, rapier and
archery with the Baronial Champion chosen on Saturday. Their Excellencies will
be giving prizes for Best Death, Most Courteous and Overall Best Fighter.

Pao Hu Tso, Kahn of the Sain Noyan and Allied with the
Baron of Stierbach, will run a weapons throwing range on
Friday afternoon, late Saturday afternoon, and Sunday
morning. Gentles may bring throwing weapons Ax, Knife or
Spear. Gentles wishing to throw a spear must contact Pao Hu
Tso prior to the event in order that a soft target may be
set up. Pau Hu will inspect all weapons for safety and open
the throwing range for all adults interested and young
warriors with a parent present and ON THE RANGE WHILE THEY
THROW. Pau Hu Tso can be reached at cordanjr@jmu.edu.

Come sing around the campfire every night and join the Stierbach Chorus as
they regale us with a not very period but still hilarious version of the Time
Warp. Mirth being prized above all else save honor, Baroness Rowan will grant
the teller of the funniest story the Crown of Hilarity. Friday
afternoon/evening we will be playing our own brand of Croquet, so bring your
mallets! There is also a field for Cambok if anyone is interested. We also
have Period Board Games and several folk who never tire of playing Goose and
Nine Mans Morris. Classes will be offered in various arts for those not
martially inclined! Merchants are most welcome to come and sell their wares,
please contact the autocrat!

Our Children get to play too! The Heraldic Cookie decorating contest will be
back as well as several kids size games, and the ever popular "Squirt" Fight
where our children get to arm themselves with their favorite water weapon and
battle our less well prepared fighters.

There will be a feast on Saturday at sundown and two Birthday cakes- one for
Stierbach and one for Baroness Ekaterina of Bright Hills. Lord Hans of Bright
Hills has graciously offered his culinary skills to our event.  The menu
includes Spit Raaster Beef, Sauteed Leeks, Saffron Rice, Lemon spyced Lamb,
and much much more.  The site is wet and we will have a keg of Dominion
Rootbeer. Fill your drinking horns and toast the new Barony. There can be no
underage drinking, so please bring your ID.

The Birthday Autocrat is Lady Conna M’Kennane (Lori Buschbaum) 15065 Ardmore
Loop, Woodbridge, VA 22193, 703/ 878-3471. Email: niaw12@aol.com -Reservations
can be made through her.  Before September 8th: Onboard $13,  Offboard $8.00.
After September 8th, or at-the-door, fees will be: On board $15 and Offboard
$10.00. Children 6-12 are half price, children under 6 are guests of the
Barony. Please make checks payable to: The Barony of Stierbach, SCA, Inc.

Directions
>From the East, North or South: Take your best route to I-81, in the vicinity
of Winchester, VA. Take State route 37 to US 522 North. Take US 522 N for 15.5
miles to County Route 694, on the right. Follow Rt. 694 for 1.4 miles to
Frederick-Morgan Grade (County Route 600). Make a sharp right and continue .4
miles to Log Cabin Campground on the left.

>From the West:  Take I-70 or I-68 East to Hancock, MD. At Hancock take US 522
South into VA. About 5 miles inside of VA, make a left unto County Road 694.