Re: Question about Archery in Northern Virginia

Poster: Jim Trigg <jtrigg@hoflink.com>

TheUrsula@aol.com said in Question about Archery in Northern Virginia at
07/Sep/1998, Mon 14:35:17.

> A young neighbor has asked me about archery activity in the Northern Virginia
> area.  He lives in Burke, VA (next town over from Springfield).

> He's interested in SCA archery practices and in local (non-SCA) archery
> ranges.  I visited the local Baronial Web page and found no local archery
> activity.  The closest I could find was in Storvik.  Is there anything
> closer?

Ponte Alto now has a regular archery practice.  It is Tuesday nights
starting at 6:00 PM, at the Fort Belvoir Archery Range.  Contact our
Archery Marshall, Feline, for further information.

> Also, does anyone have any recommendations on local archery suppliers (for a
> beginner) or for mail order supplies or any good online sites to visit?  I can
> look this stuff up, too, but recommendations would also be useful.

My lady and I have been very pleased with Wizard Archery for mail-order,
but it's probably a bit on the expensive side for a beginner.  ($65/dozen
arrows, but they're gorgeous and great!)

Blaise de Cormeilles