Re: On the differences between the North and South...

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> The difference here is that in the North, there is no regional unifying
> entity. That role is where a Principality comes in. My sense is that
> Windmaster's Hill and Sacred Stone are each much like principalities in
> their effect.

I find two enormous differences. First, I expect that a Northern
Principality will eventually result in much less travel through its
borders. I don't think that Windmaster's Hill or Sacred Stone folks
think twice about leaving their Barony. Second, cantons don't hold
court, so there is much less total court within Windmaster's Hill than
there eventually will be in the Northern Principality, which will
apparently have 2 levels of principality awards on top of 0 to 2
levels of Baronial awards.

Of course, my view of the topic reflects my personal likes and
dislikes.

-- Gregory Blount