Recomended Books on Knights

Poster: Bob & Diana Cosby <cosby@erols.com>

I'm doing research on midevil England for around the time of 1081 for my
upcoming novel.  What books would you recommend for accurate details in
aspects of relationships, war tactics, life in a castle, etc.  Yes, I know
this is a huge request, but I sincerely appreciate any response.

I currently am reading/have read:
The Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in the Middle Ages by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Medieval Castle by Philip Warner
A Knight and his Castle by R. Ewart Oakeshott

I was recommended:
Gies, Frances   The Knight in History  ISBN 0-06-091413-0
Gies, Frances & Joseph   LIfe in a Medieval Castle  ISBN 0-06-090674-X
Are either of these any good/recommended?

    Thank you very much again for your assistance!
Ha det sa bra,
Diana Cosby
cosby@erols.com