Re: Kingdom's Crusade: an Atlantian Archer's View (LONG)

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> time.  I had great success stopping a line of men for a few seconds
> while you poke em full of holes...one at a time was a different story.
> It was worse when the first battle began with a break through the
> central army.  Ouch.

Yah; we had talked with a nearby independent household to act as a rear
guard for Spiaggia's archers, but unfortunately they were not able to
make it in force for the Crusade. :-(   Ah well, evolve, adopt, adapt.
:-)

> > The rear guard would not be a glamorous position, I suppose, but it
> > would be an invaluable one.  In every case where the line began to

> Actually, it is.  All the archers become best buddies with you and
>give
> you free alcohol, watch your dog while your warring, etc.

Well, you do have a point there!  I can assure any rear-guard fighters
that Spiaggia will offer the best hospitality our humble canton can
provide next year. ;-)

Julien
Spiaggian Archery Corps
"The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father"