Stefan's files for November

Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <rsve60@email.sps.mot.com>

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers").  In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan@texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60@email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:

armor-chklst-msg     Armor checklist for SCA events and wars.
Arthurian-Fst-art    Arthurian event feast menus and recipes.
brooms-msg           Period brooms. Referances and pictures.
camp-showers-msg     Camp shower ideas for outside SCA events.
cb-novices-msg       Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.
Cheap-Apicius-art    "Apicius for the Impoverished" by Margali.
CA-Hunt-Tips-art     "Hunting Tips for Combat Archers" by Octavia
color-a-fab-bib      Biblio. from a class on color and fabrics.
cookies-msg          Period cookies. Recipes.
fd-Turkey-msg        Medieval Turkish food. Referances. Recipes.
fowls-a-birds-msg    Period fowls and birds. Period Chickens.
finger-fd-fst-art    A light supper feast using finger foods.
goat-msg             Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
houppelandes-msg     Making 14th century houppelandes.
medieval-tech-msg    Medieval and period technology. Referances.
T-Arch-Child-art     "Teaching Archery to Children" by Master Magnus Malleus
tea-msg              Tea, cha. When it appeared in Europe.
Whole-Pig-Fst-art    Feast menu and recipes incl. a roasted pig.
whole-pig-msg        Info. on roasting a whole pig. Experiences.

Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:

Anst-hist-msg        Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
applique-msg         Ideas and suggestions for applying applique.
beans-msg            Medieval, old-world beans and peas. Recipes.
candles-msg          Candle snuffers, making candles, wax, tallow
candy-msg            Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
cookies-msg          Period cookies. Recipes.
merch-books-msg      Directory and reviews of book merchants.
ovens-msg            Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
p-backpacks-msg      Period backpacks, bags and carrying baskets.
pickled-food-msg     Medieval pickled food. recipes.
rice-grains-msg      Medieval rice and grains. Recipes. Cooking.
SCA-hist3-msg        Msgs on the history of the SCA.
spices-msg           Info. on spices, sources for spices.
sugar-paste-msg      Making sugar paste sotelties.
woad-msg             History of woad. Making dyes from woad.
yeasts-msg           Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.
---
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX  78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>