[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Stefan's files for November
- To: SCA-Cooks maillist <SCA-Cooks@Ansteorra.org>, Bryn Gwlad maillist <bryn-gwlad@Ansteorra.org>, SCA-Arts maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ansteorra maillist <ansteorra@Ansteorra.org>, Atlantia maillist <email@example.com>, Artemisia maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Outlands maillist <email@example.com>, East Kingdom maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Middle maillist <email@example.com>, Calontir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Meridies maillist <email@example.com>, An Tir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Athelmearc maillist <email@example.com>, Atenveldt maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Caid maillist (via Edward Long-hair)" <email@example.com>, Trimaris maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Stefan's files for November
- From: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:16:06 -0500
- Comments: ( Received on motgate2.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Organization: Motorola NCSG
- Reply-To: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefanís Florilegium.
Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers"). In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.
Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.
Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and itís becoming available at the website.
Ld. Stefan li Rous (512)892-0036 firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the new files for this month:
armor-chklst-msg Armor checklist for SCA events and wars.
Arthurian-Fst-art Arthurian event feast menus and recipes.
brooms-msg Period brooms. Referances and pictures.
camp-showers-msg Camp shower ideas for outside SCA events.
cb-novices-msg Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.
Cheap-Apicius-art "Apicius for the Impoverished" by Margali.
CA-Hunt-Tips-art "Hunting Tips for Combat Archers" by Octavia
color-a-fab-bib Biblio. from a class on color and fabrics.
cookies-msg Period cookies. Recipes.
fd-Turkey-msg Medieval Turkish food. Referances. Recipes.
fowls-a-birds-msg Period fowls and birds. Period Chickens.
finger-fd-fst-art A light supper feast using finger foods.
goat-msg Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.
houppelandes-msg Making 14th century houppelandes.
medieval-tech-msg Medieval and period technology. Referances.
T-Arch-Child-art "Teaching Archery to Children" by Master Magnus Malleus
tea-msg Tea, cha. When it appeared in Europe.
Whole-Pig-Fst-art Feast menu and recipes incl. a roasted pig.
whole-pig-msg Info. on roasting a whole pig. Experiences.
Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:
Anst-hist-msg Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
applique-msg Ideas and suggestions for applying applique.
beans-msg Medieval, old-world beans and peas. Recipes.
candles-msg Candle snuffers, making candles, wax, tallow
candy-msg Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
cookies-msg Period cookies. Recipes.
merch-books-msg Directory and reviews of book merchants.
ovens-msg Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
p-backpacks-msg Period backpacks, bags and carrying baskets.
pickled-food-msg Medieval pickled food. recipes.
rice-grains-msg Medieval rice and grains. Recipes. Cooking.
SCA-hist3-msg Msgs on the history of the SCA.
spices-msg Info. on spices, sources for spices.
sugar-paste-msg Making sugar paste sotelties.
woad-msg History of woad. Making dyes from woad.
yeasts-msg Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX 78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: email@example.com